Re: Pteraichnus prints

>I have read Lockley's paper on Pteraichnus prints and have correlated his
>observations with moveable articulated pterosaur skeletons of various
>specimens.  It turns out that just as some (about 19) present-day lizards are
>both quadrupedal and bipedal, pterosaurs were also quads and bipeds.

Excuse me (to whoever posted the above), but I find this message very
confusing.  Are you drawing your conclusions about posture based on the
prints (IOW are you fully convinced that these are pterosaur prints), or
from the anatomy of the animals (IOW, again, are your conclusions, in your
opinion, valid even if the prints are not pterosaurian?
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5L 3W2          Internet: ornstn@hookup.net
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5