Re: South African Palaeo Safari's

>> South
> >Africa has also yielded the oldest proof for dinosaur existence
> >in the world and has an impressive collection of primitive
> >Triassic dinosaurs.

I was under the impression that many of the SA dinosaurs are now
thought to be from Early Jurassic sediments....or at least later than
was previously thought.

> The use of the term 'missing link' does make me wonder about
> the voracity of the comments, after all I don't think any
> self-respecting palaeontologist has used this phrase other
> than in jest in the last 50 years.

I use it a lot when doing public talks, but mainly to show how
inappropriate it is (not quite in jest).

> I'm curious.  To what extent is the quoted paragraph an
> accurate representation of current thinking in vertebrate
> Palaeo.

I don't think that it is very representative.  I think that it is
taking the 'Out-of-Africa' theme a bit far.  I will now go to the
site and see what the full detail is.

Neil