Re: Deinonychus and Velociraptor

>From: DAVEH47@delphi.com
 >
 > How do members of the list feel about Paul's (and apparently _Jurassic
 > Park_'s) lumping _Deinonychus_ in with _Velociraptor_?  I for one just can't
 > believe that they are the same genus; their skulls look too different to me.

I wrote the original comment.

The lumping you mentioned above is one of the ones I had in mind
when I called him an extreme lumper.  (That, along with rejecting
Nannotyrannus).  While one *can make a case for combining them,
I find the divergence a little too much for one genus, really.

The peace of God be with you.