Subject: Re: Burnt Bits
Author:  chile-heads@bunny.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu at smtp
Date:    27/6/1995 1:43 PM

>anyone off their bacon. Then, of course, there's the story of how the
>Caduceus came from the practice of winding Guinea Worms around a stick to
>remove them.

I'm curious to know the origin of that story; I had thought that the
appearance of the Caduceus predated exploration of sub-saharan
Africa by the Mediterranean cultures, which would preclude knowledge of
Guinea Worms by the ancient Greeks.

(Hey, if you people can blab incessantly about crabs, why not chat
worms?  Heck, lets just dispense with the chile theme altogether and
rename this the "discussion-of-whatever-strikes-our-fancy" list!  Am I
being too subtle?)

RES

--
 | "Wisdom consists of: (a) having a great | Jan & Richard Strayer |