Women in Paleo

Dear subscribers,

I am currently working on an article for young readers on women in
paleontology that might eventually develop into a book project (I hope).
I will begin with the fact that even Roy Chapman Andrew's early
Mongolian expeditions included women...Andrew's wife and the wives of
other "diggers" had very practical assignments in the field.  I will try
to trace other early female paleo minds and what challenges they might
have had to overcome as women, and wrap it up by profiling some of the
finest women paleontologists working today.

The idea is to encourage girls to pursue their interests in science. If
anyone has personal knowledge of historic women in paleo or could
suggest outstanding current female scientists, I would be most grateful
for the lead.

Yours truly,

Kelly Milner Halls