Re: Time Space and Matter -2

>>......Now let's get
>>down to real business. On average, an 8 [metric] tonne _Tyrannosaurus
>>rex_ must bolt down some 93 kilograms of meat per day, or some 2000
>>tonnes in a sixty year life,equal to the weight of a World War II
>>destroyer!

93kg of meat per year a total of 33.945 tonnes, equal to the weight of a
Mark IV Tiger Tank (with double heat exchangers).

750mls of Victoria Bitter (one longneck bottle) around 750gms and is
equivelent to my daily beer consumption. Per year, I am drinking 273.75 kg
of beer, around 2.8515625 times my current weight (give or take the mass of
a Mark 9 Spitfire propellor blade). If I live to 75 (big IF) and I continue
my current rate of beer consumption for the rest of my life, I will have
consumed 1.645 tonnes of beer (that is a jeep with an M60 mounted in the
back - with two clips of spare ammo). And, if I threw in the mass of food
and other drinks that I process daily, I am sure I could process the
equivelent weight of three Lancaster bombers (full ladened and crew) during
my lifetime.

Alternatively, an adult T. rex of say, 8 tonnes, eating 9.3 kg of meat per
day would take 860.21505 days (2.3567535 years)to process the equivelent of
its own weight. May be 93 kg is correct after all.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au

Rally against the resumption of French nuclear testing in the South
Pacific: boycott French products NOW!!!