option re pachy head banging

  Hello, I have a question about the head banging of pachys.
Has anyone considered that head banging may have been used for the dreary
occupation of food gathering? Please allow me a little leaway here as I am
not a professional in this area. Perhaps the pachys bonked into trees like
coconuts, or other fruit trees as a way of foraging.

PS Have you ever noticed that in books plant eating dinos eat leaves and none
are mentioned eating fruit???