Theory of Evolution

The thread about the theory of evolution seems to me to show a
lack of infomation about Carl Popper's theory of science.  In his
early wrtings he defined a "theory" as an idea which is
"falsifiable", i.e. something that can be tested by some prediction
that could be true or false.   Only falsity has any value - truth
could be just a coincidence.

On this basis  he claimed that evolution was not even a theory,
since it could not be tested, unlike relativity which has several
possible tests, all of which hvae  co me up positive.

He l ater revised his ideas, and decided that "evolution" was a
valid theory of another kind.  It is so long since I read Popper
that I can't remember the refs, but any of you who are interested
in theories of evolution should read him.  He's well worth-
while.

Down with those ill-informed  creationists.  They know n othing
about science.

David

--
bk090@Freenet Carleton.CA