dino necks

Hi

Terry Covin was doing a nice job on Roy/Karen? long piece about much.  Anyhow
they were discussing the long necks or the sauropods.  Terry sez the exist
because we see them.  No comment there, but then he equivocates as sez maybe
they just looked up for a few minutes.  I have to disagree in that any very
long existant morph (sauropods) that have such a distinctive asset (long
necks) and all the energy that is put into that asset then the use must be
for a very major use and not just something that they might have done for a
few minutes.  Whatever it was there is a method and biological adaptions that
made that possible. Evolution does teach us something, and for the most part,
nature does not maintain semiuseful adaptions.

paul sparks