Asteroid vs. Dinosaurs [and all other life]]

Re: Dave S's recent posting...

>    When it is all said and done what will our fossil record say about us?

I understand the "poptop*" horizon will be quite useful--nearly instantaneous,
and with the added bonus of worldwide distribution!

Kata McCarville
Colorado School of Mines

* the ones from beverage cans in the late 1960s and early 1970s (that we used
to make chains out of), which were entirely replaced in a very short time by
the attached variety that now prevails. Perhaps the marker horizon should be
named for Jimmy Buffet, who immortalized it in "Margaritaville."