Re: Extinction-off topic

>nuisence. Not all changes influenced by man cause extinctions.

Yes indeed. There have been quite a number of man-made "evolutions".
Examples which spring to mind include dogs, cows, chickens and silk worms.
And these all occured before selective breeding, genetics or bio-technology.
We can only guess what we will cause to evolve in the future.

Whether this is a good thing is a matter of opinion, but it does show that
evolution can occur on a human time-scale.

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead