Re: Extinction-off topic

I do think you are right.  While individuals may be able to make choices, I
don't think it is possible for species to do the same regardless of
intelligence. I also agree that the impact of man is low on the scale when
compared to previous events.

An interesting phenom here in Wisconsin is the proliferation of White Tailed
Deer in response to the urbanization of the landscape. Despite the large
number of road kills, the increase in food supply has changed Bambi into a
nuisence. Not all changes influenced by man cause extinctions.

John