Re: Dinosaurs and thermoregulation.

>minor point that begs attention. Dr Scrimgeour states that the larger
>dinosaurs may have been warm blooded, whereas the smaller ones were not.

I'm not familiar with Dr. Scrimgeour's writings, but I suspect he may be
refering to "gigantothermy" rather than endothermy.

Large reptiles today, such as leather-back turtles and crocodiles, can
maintain fairly constant body tempertures despite being ectothermic. I
suspect that the bigger dinosaurs could be "warm blooded" without needing to
be endothermic.

But, of course, no-one can tell for sure. ;-)

James Shields