Re: and where did the parents come from?

On Wed, 31 May 1995, D.W.Naish wrote:

> "and where did the parents come from?" says Dan.
>
> At the point in the film when they find the eggs (and they're meant to be
> Velociraptor eggs), the electric fences have been down for some time and
> all the dinosaurs, including the raptors, have been out and about. I
> think the idea is that, having undergone a pretty speedy transexual
> process, the raptors have mated and  - presto - li'lle eggs and babies!

Personally I suspect something like this;
It looked neat so it went in the script, so it went in the film and
nobody bothered to worry about little details like continuity.

And if you don't believe that, what about this?;
When the raptors were first made they were released into a paddock like the
other dinosaurs. Only later did the staff realise how deadly they were
and what a bad idea this had been, and they rounded up as many raptors as
they had initially released (not realising that some had already bred in
the wild because they didn't expect them to) and stuffed them in a
holding bay. The eggs Grant found were from the raptors that were still
running loose in their old paddock ( which had since been turned over to the
Gallimimi, or Brachiosaurs, or whatever). So there may actually be dozens
of the little spuds running around the island, maybe even hundreds by the
time the sequel happens (It's a good thing they don't have acid for blood :)

Health, long life, and happiness,
        Sundance