Re: Extinction (was Jurassic Intelligence)

>On Thu, 1 Jun 1995, Matt Wehman wrote:
>
>> Terry writes:
>>
>> >  The dinosaurs living today are only highly diversified on lower taxonomic
>>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> >levels.
>
>Matt asks:
>
>> Terry? Please tell me which zoo I can visit to see these dinosaurs.
>
>Thad suggests:
>
>Some would tell you to look at the bird feeder in your back yard.

Yes, I am aware of the current/original theory that dinosaurs were warm
blooded non-lizards and that birds are the evolutionary product (I read
"Jurassic Park" too, you know), but I wouldn't go so far as to actually
*call*  our avians "terrible lizards". (What is Latin for "terrible bird"
anyways?)

Matt Wehman
mattw@tcs.totalcorp.com