Re: Virtual reality dinos (+

VR requirements can vary from a reasonable level that multimedia desktop
Macs and PCs can easily handle to very high-end workstation type.

The recently released QuickTime VR from Apple, which can be seen in the Star
Trek Interactive Technical Manual, shows how far we have come toward
providing the average user with powerful VR capabilities.  I haven't seen the
Windows version, but on an AV Mac, it's fantastic!  :)

I'd love to see someone get to work on some QTVR dinos.  Heck, I might just
give it a try myself!  :)

Skip Dahlgren
Applications Programmer, Office of Educational Development
Phone: 501/296-1087; FAX: 501/686-7053 (new FAX#!)
e-mail: sdahlgren@liblan.uams.edu; bcsskip@aol.com
-ex-archaeologist; lifelong afficionado of dinosaurs and their latter-day kin
"Cross-platform computing is much safer than downhill!"  :)