Re: Question on flocks of scavengers

>Does anyone know whether the numbers of turkey vultures and black vultures
>that feed on carcasses are members of a social-grouping, or are they just
>solitaries that come together?  How about ravens that do the same thing?
>The pair of Cloverly Formation Deinonychids around the iquanodonid may have
>been feeding at the same carcass, but may not have been in a social grouping.

Around here, the turkey vultures tend to roost in groups.  But they are
usually alone when hunting.  If one starts circling over a possible meal,
others will often show up.  If the carcass is large enough, they will
share it, but they squabble over smaller meals.  I'm not sure that I'd
really call it a social-grouping.

Art