Re: Extinction (was Jurassic Intelligence)

Bill Adlam wrote:

>>  Using Homo sapiens as an example, we are not going to be as successful as
>> the Dinosauria, because we are only one species...
>
> But the Dinosauria almost certainly started out as a single species.

The difference is that we are intelligent enough to have produced
technology sufficient to ensure that we will not evolve much if at all.
We keep our defective specimens alive, and often we include them in the
breeding pool.  Certainly, this is not a bad thing from the human point
of view, but in the long run it is probably contrasurvival for our
species.

-dick

|   Omnes hic mentes mihi sunt, non Collegio Armorum Digitalum.   |