Re: Dixie the Dino

>So my question is this...is there any thought given to the possibility of
>live birth in dinos?

Yes - Thought has been given to it. ;-)

As far as I know, there is no fossil evidence to support such a theory, but
it certainly is possible that some dinosaurs gave live birth. However, we
know many laid eggs because we have fossilised eggs to prove it. What we
need is a dinosaur skeleton with a faeteous fossilised inside it - I'm
pretty sure none has been found (yet).

With regard to your dinosaur (are you sure it isn't the Carnegie Diplodicus,
by the way?), sauropod eggs have been found, and as far as I know they're
not much more than a foot in diameter. This is only slightly bigger than an
ostrich egg. I haven't seen one close up, so could someone please confirm that?)

Hope this helps. Please forgive my spelling too.

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead