Re: Some silly misinformed jo...

James Shields said:
"Whether a joke or an error, this is somewhat typical of the attitude of the
press towards dinosaurs. They seem to think they can write any old nonsense
and since only kids will read it, nobody's going to know any better."

Kelly Milner Halls replied:
"HEY, wait a minute.  You can't put all of us press types in the same boat.
 Some of us make tremendous effort to collect exciting, accurate data,
especially for kids."

I appologise. I should have said "some in the press". Of course there are
good journalists as well as bad. Unfortunately too much of the good work
gets lost in the pile of sensationalist trash.

Sorry.

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead