Re: MOA jokes

>Do I dare?
>        I was visiting friends in NZ and taking video to bring back with
>me when Andre LaBonte, on camera, sdtated that "There are several types
>of moas still in New Zealand, which come in various colors. We have a red
>lawn moa out in back and I've seen several others nearby".

Recently someone in the South Island purportedly spotted a Moa still
alive in the wild.  He even had a photograph (It _could_ be a Moa, but
then again it could be a deer or even a tree branch, it's impossible to say -
an expert's comment on the photo).

Anyway, suffice it to say that it was a hoax, made funnier a  little
later when the chap in question tried making an accident compensation
claim (ACC will take too long to explain, it's kind of like welfare) for
an accident sustained while 'Moa Hunting'.  This would have been OK but
he had been interviewed on TV the day in question, perfectly fit and uninjured
in a different part of the country.

So he was charged with fraud on that count too.

There were however many Moa jokes told at the time and I'm sick of them.

If I hear one Moa I'll have to kick someone up the Rhea.
So don't anyone 'strich the point OK.

Derek R. Tearne                 ----                  derek@iconz.co.nz
<A HREF="http://webservices.comp.vuw.ac.nz/artsLink/ManyHands/";>Many Hands</A>
Some of the more environmentally aware dinosaurs were worried about the
consequences of an accident with the new Iridium enriched fusion reactor.
"If it goes off only the cockroaches and mammals will survive..." they said.