Re: Thecodonts?

>I was hoping somebody would bring this up, but I guess it's left to me...
>one of the earlier postings said to look at crocodilians as dinosaurs...
>BRRRRRRP! WRONG ANSWER! Crocodilians are another group of reptiles that branche
> off from the thecodonts ran a parrallel course with the dinosaurs... it is
>no more correct to call crocs dinosaurs than it is to call turtles dinosaurs.

   Are you sure the crocs branched off from the thecodonts?  My dino class
professor mentioned that the term "thecodont" was falling into disfavor,
with "protodinosaur" taking its place.  I suppose its possible that crocs
and pteros came from protodinosaurs, but it makes more sense to come from
protodinosaur ancestors (protoprotodinosaurs?)

** "A warp core breach is imminent?     ** "Those who trade a little freedom **
** This calls for the handyman's secret ** for a little security will soon   **
** weapon, duct tape." --- Red Green,   ** find that they have none of       **
** Chief Engineer, U.S.S. Voyager       ** either." --- Jeff Poling          **