Re: Stegosaurus

Doug -

        Yes, it's the specimen being prepped by Donna.  I don't know what
Greg was doing with the picture; I don't have it hand, though I've seen
it.  The plates are offset from the centerline, as one would expect with
a double row!  When he mentioned other "_Stegosaurus_", he didn't mean
that genus; I think you may have inadvertently misread it!  I think he
meant that other "stegosaurs," like the African and Chinese genera, seem
to retain double rows of plates; the American genus fits nicely with that
now!  It's just that the plates on the American genus are so much larger
than the other steogsaurs!

Jerry D. Harris
Denver Museum of Natural History