Re: Archies in the Morrison?!

>  While we're back on the subject of Archie, does anyone know if there are
>Solenhoffen-type lithographic limestones of TRIASSIC age anywhere in the
>world?  By "Solenhoffen-type", I mean limy-mud bottom sediments in a
>warm-water protected barrier reef?
>  Certainly there must be at least ONE site somewhere.  If not Triassic,
>then how about Early Jurassic?

I expect there is. The problem is that such a site could be right under your
feet, but if its covered by fifty feet of other deposits you won't know
about it for another thousand years.

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead