Re: Jurassic Park

On Fri, 9 Jun 1995, Joseph Scelso wrote:

>       This may be a stupid question, but how did they get the extinct
> plants in Jurassic Park.  It doesn't explain it in the movie or in the
> book, so I was just wondering how they did it.  If anyone has any ideas,
> I'd really appreciate it.
>           Gina Scelso

I assume that genetically engineering plants are quite a lot easier than
genetically engineering a dinosaur.

How did they do it?....Hmm...take a modern representative and modify it's
DNA to produce a hybrid which closely matches the appearance of the
extant plant.

---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)