Re: fish and other monsters

>There was a nature show a few years ago about the capybara (I forget
>who put it out), which said that the local people had decided to
>regard it as a fish because it spends so much time in the water.
>Conveniently this meant they could eat it during Lent.

I've heard the same thing about otter, here in Ireland (this is going back a
while, by the way).

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead