Re: Ceratopsian leg position

On Fri, 9 Jun 1995, Stan Friesen wrote:

> The trackway evidence seems relevent here.
>
> As near as I can make out, the tracks suggest something in between.
> That is, the prints of the front feet tend to be slightly outside
> the line of the tracks of the hind feet, and pointed outwards.
>
> [But this is true for *most* quadrupedal dinosaurs, not just
> ceratopsians].

I'm curious. Is this "in between" track evidence true for quadrupedal
mammals as well (such as an elephant or rhino)? In a lot of quadrupedal
animals, isn't the width of the shoulders generally greater than the width
of the hips, which might account for the difference?

----- Amado Narvaez
      anarvaez@umd5.umd.edu