Re: Ceratopsian leg position

>From: "Rafert, John" <JRAFERT@xray.indyrad.iupui.edu>
 >
 > I know there is some controversy regarding the leg position of the forelegs
 > of ceratopsians. What is the current thinking on this matter? Are they more
 > under the body, or splayed to the sides?

The trackway evidence seems relevent here.

As near as I can make out, the tracks suggest something in between.
That is, the prints of the front feet tend to be slightly outside
the line of the tracks of the hind feet, and pointed outwards.

[But this is true for *most* quadrupedal dinosaurs, not just
ceratopsians].

The peace of God be with you.