Holy Bob!

You wrote:

>Why does everybody either demonize or canonize Bob Bakker?  He is just
>another fellow paleontologist; when we overlapped as students he was
just
>one of the gang, albeit energetic and entertaining.  But we are all
special
>in different ways; science does not advance through hero worship.
>
>Scott Moody

Scott,

I'm not sure "everybody" does demonize or saint the Dr. Bob.  I think
some people have an ax to grind (real or imagined) and some are star
struck by his seemingly ever present persona.  But some of us realize he
is human, with all the good and bad that goes with it and like him just
the same.  Science does not advance through hero worship.  But good will
can do a great deal toward advancing mandkind.

Kelly