Will the real Tanystropheus please stand up?!

I've heard recent talk here about that long-necked fish-eater
Tanystropheus, and I wondered if anyone could tell me that
creature's true identity.  I have in the past seen it classified
as a true lizard, an eosuchian, a primitive Euryapsid, and most
recently as an "archosauromorph", a group of "uncles" to the
archosaus that seems to consist solely of Tanystropheus and the
rhyncosaurs (which I had always heard before were related to the
Tuatara).  Can someone fill me in about this "archosauromorph"
group and where Tanystropheus fits in to it all?

                      -- Dave