Meeting Dr Bakker

Dear Jennifer --
>Tell him to keep watching! I actully bumped into him at the one
>in, believe it or not, Fresno, CA. I then made a total idiot of
>myself. Could not form a single coherent sentence. I went to his
>lecture a few days later to appoligize and get him to sign his
>book and ended up with a 5' by 4' Deinonychus drawing signed by
>him as well. Very nice man who gave a great talk.

Same thing happened to me in early 1992 when he gave a talk/demo
in South Coast Plaza on how to draw (hot-blooded) dinosaurs.  I
just couldn't any words out besides the original, "SO nice to meet
you!"  But he was very gracious and signed my copy of THE DINOSAUR
HERESIES.  He seems like a very nice man.

                        -- Dave