Re: Rank taxonomy (was Re: Cladism (akin to masochism))

> From: jpoling@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Poling)
> >
> > >        4               Theropoda               2
> > >        5               Saurapodamorpha         2
> > >        6               Tetanurae               4
> > >        7               Coelurosauria           6
> >                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> >     Anybody wanna guess why _the Dinosauria_ lists no species for the
> > Coelurosauria except those that are Theropoda incertae sedis?
> > Am I missing a clade somewhere?
>
>I forget, where does it place Ornitholestes and Compsognathus?
>They belong more or less directly under Coelurosauria.

   They are listed as Theropoda incertae sedis.

** "A warp core breach is imminent?     ** "Those who trade a little freedom **
** This calls for the handyman's secret ** for a little security will soon   **
** weapon, duct tape." --- Red Green,   ** find that they have none of       **
** Chief Engineer, U.S.S. Voyager       ** either." --- Jeff Poling          **