Re: THERIZINOSAUROIDS

>The relationships of the therizinosauroids are discussed in several
>places.  The first is with the description of Alxasaurus in the
>November 1994 issue of Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences.
>[That issue is dedicated to the recent Mongolia expedition, and
>has descriptions of about half a dozen new dinosaurs].
>
>More recent is Tom Holz's paper on the phylogeny of theropods,
>I do not have the citation handy, but I am sure Dr. Holz will
>be happy to cite it for you.

Actually, I'll be happy to cite it, but there aren't any therizinosauroids
in it!  Way back when I wrote it (1992-3), "segnosaurs" were still
Saurischia sedis mutabilis.

Holtz, T.R., Jr.  1994.  The phylogenetic position of the Tyrannosauridae:
implications for theropod systematics.  Journal of Paleontology 68:
1100-1117.

                 Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.                  Phone: 703-648-5280
                 Vertebrate Paleontologist         Fax:    703-648-5420
tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov ------------>       th81@umail.umd.edu
U.S. Geological Survey          ------------->       University of Maryland
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy ---->       Department of Geology
MS 970 National Center