Running dinos

   As if I haven't stirred up the mailing list enough....

   For the last several days I've been trying to remember a lecture on
evidence for dino speed.

   There was some mention of muscle attachment points being a clue.
Unfortunately, I can't remember what muscle attachment said about speed.

   Where did theropod muscles attach (relative to hip socket) and why is
this an indication of speed?

** "A warp core breach is imminent?     ** "Those who trade a little freedom **
** This calls for the handyman's secret ** for a little security will soon   **
** weapon, duct tape." --- Red Green,   ** find that they have none of       **
** Chief Engineer, U.S.S. Voyager       ** either." --- Jeff Poling          **