living fossils

I don't feel Ornithorhynchus qualifies as a living fossil: there are fossil
platypuses, but they're not particularly ancient.  I am fond of Peripatus
and its table manners, but I don't think it counts either (fossil
onychophorans are not so very similar to modern ones).

As reards genuine living fossils, I'm quite fond of Limulus, ginkoes and
crinoids.
                                                                Bill Adlam