favorite living fossil

Come on dinosaur lovers, certainly Sphenodon punctatus (and closely related
weberi) the Tuataras of New Zealand would be the easy winner.    If you had
ever held one of these remarkable creatures as I have,  then you would not
even think of another candidate.  They defy almost all of the ecological,
behavioral, physiological and anatomical rules that we have become
accustomed too in courses on vertebrate biology and natural history.

Scott Moody, Ohio Univ. Vertebrate Collection - Moody@mail.oucom.ohiou.edu