Re: Mystery Ceratopsian

>In the PBS series "The Dinosaurs" there is a scene where
>they show an animation of a strange ceratopsian a bit like
>Pachyrhinosaurus but with a single, huge horn nearly as
>massive as the rest of its head!  I can find no reference
>to this creature in any book of dinosaurs, and I wondered
>if anyone knew what genus this dinosaur is?

That WAS Pachyrhinosaurus!

It is not at all certain if Pachyrhinosaurus had a bony boss on the snout,
or a whopping huge horn (like the largest of the rhinoceratids,
Elasmotherium).

                 Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.                  Phone: 703-648-5280
                 Vertebrate Paleontologist         Fax:    703-648-5420
tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov ------------>       th81@umail.umd.edu
U.S. Geological Survey          ------------->       University of Maryland
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy ---->       Department of Geology
MS 970 National Center