Re: VIVAPARITY

DARREN said:

>>Does  anyone know whether mosasaurids gave birth to live young >>(other
lizards do), or came ashore like turtles

My sources say neither.  Traditionally, people thought mosasaurs might have
done the turtle in the sand THANG, but I'm told it's leaning more and more
toward eggs in the shallows.  Most of the paleo experts I've interviewed
doubt live birth in mosasaurs but say the adults probably cared for and maybe
even fed the young...or other adults would have dined them into extinction.

>>What's the latest on Protoavis texensis?

My contacts say early info released is unreliable at best.  So take it all
with a grain fo salt.