VIVAPARITY

I don't know if people read this first time round, or if they just forgot it,
but I mentioned a while back some EXTREMELY  elusive news item last month about
an embryonic dinosaur found within its 'parent'. They said (something along the
lines of); "the smaller fossil has a very large, rounded skull, perhaps proving
that it is an unborn embryo. The shape of the backbone argues against the idea
that the little skeleton was a meal of the bigger one". This has all got very
garbled, and seems very much more detailed than the prelimineries I got when the
item was on the news. Kind of a dino-circle myth now (like the feathers on
Cosesaurus! Ha!).

Several people have suggested (on this list) that the fossils were really those
of ichthyosaurs. It's quite likely that this is the case: local radio stations
don't really have the ability to tell a dinosaur from an ichthyosaur.

But as nothing has been on it since, it's (in my book) relegated to the
'forgotten falty flap' folder. Does  anyone know whether mosasaurids gave birth
to live young (other lizards do), or came ashore like turtles (a recent Doug
Henderson painting shows a mosasaur having heaved itself up a beach)?

PROTOAVIS

What's the latest on Protoavis texensis? Chatterjee described the skull in '91
(apparently), can someone give me a ref. for that? There were also rumours that
he'd publish a complete description early this year. Anyone heard anything about
that? And could those of you who know George Olshevsky (Dr. Holtz?) please ask
him what he thinks of Protoavis, just out of curiosity.

A PLEA: WILL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL LIST MEMBERS PLEASE WRITE IN
WITH THEIR 'FAVOURITE DINOSAURS'. PLEASE. MANY THANKS (BLAME... err, who started
this?)

"Oh - and Senator - just one more thing. Love the suit"

DARREN "Within 48 hours I'll be accepting YOUR apologies" NAISH