Re: Mystery Ceratopsian

Dave wrote:

In the PBS series "The Dinosaurs" there is a scene where
they show an animation of a strange ceratopsian a bit like
Pachyrhinosaurus but with a single, huge horn nearly as
massive as the rest of its head!  I can find no reference
to this creature in any book of dinosaurs, and I wondered
if anyone knew what genus this dinosaur is?

Not having access to this series makes my guess only tentative.  The
genera _Centrosaurus_ and _Styracosaurus_ both have very large nasal
horns.  Perhaps it was one of these?

Neil

Neil Clark
Curator of Palaeontology
Hunterian Museum
University of Glasgow
GLASGOW
G12 8QQ
Scotland/UK
email: NCLARK@museum.gla.ac.uk

'Man must surely have become an immensely worse animal
than his teeth show him to have been designed for'
Hugh Miller (Cruise of the Betsey - 1858)