Re: Jurassic Park 2

On Tue, 30 May 1995, Dan Lipkowitz wrote:
> Another vital question is how one gets a larger, smarter individual when all
> of the animals are cloned from the same DNA sequence. Did they find blood
> from more than one member of the species?

Two possibilities. First, we know they were making experimental changes
in their sequence . . . remember the "revision numbers"? The Boss Raptor
might have been a different model.

Second, the Boss Raptor could just have gotten the benefit of an
environmental variable - a bit more oxygen while in the egg, a bit less
of some other chemical they were shooting in there . . .

** Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the USSS case - fnord **
 Learn Web or die - http://www.io.com/sjgames/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!