Re: T. rex eating habits

On Thu, 25 May 1995, Ronald Orenstein wrote:

> have used more than one method, or a modification such as hiding a prey item
> until the flesh rotted sufficiently to be easily removed (as some crocodiles
> do).

Hmmmmm! A big enough scavenger (or predator that liked its food well-aged)
wouldn't need to hide its meal-to-be. It could just camp out beside it,
intimidating or demolishing any interlopers, until the carcass was all
rotten and tasty. There's an answer right there to the question "how does
it benefit a scavenger to be huge and fierce?"

** Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the USSS case - fnord **
 Learn Web or die - http://www.io.com/sjgames/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!