Re: Time Space and Matter -2

>              Most sauropods have a claw on digit #1 of the front feet.
>The Diplocids have a bit more robust claw.There are claws on digits #1-#4
>on the hind feet. The first narrow claw of the hind feet is suspected to
>be used in self-defense. The Camarasaurus, Haplocanthosaurus,and related
>species have very sturdy teeth(unlike the Diplodocids). They are
>suspected to have been able to bite alot harder than an Allosaurus, so
>therefore it is suspected that they used biting as a defense. I wonder
>myself if a sauropod could or would use their own body as a "battering-ram"
>or just trample an unsuspecting Allosaur,

Hey, they jould just hump up and down a few times. When the dust settled any
allosaurs in the area would be lying in a dazed heap. ;-)

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead