best teachers

Best teachers:

James Lee Wilson, the carbonates prof.  Excellent lecturer, always had a
a probing question to send you off in another direction.  Never had a
condescending attitude towards his students, no matter where they were in
their studies or their lives.  An endless fount of knowledge about
geology.

He taught a class on dynamic stratigraphy, and emphasised cyclicity and
carbonate/clastic systems.  It was the only class I've ever had where I
was really sad to see it end.....

Miss Keck.  She taught my 9th grade adv. placement American History,
drove a vintage 50s Chevrolet with huge fins, and was affectionately know
n as a battleax.  She also demanded and got more from her students than
any other teacher I've ever know.  She taught me how to learn.

Melizande