dandruff

Dandruff is no joking matter!  Nobo dy has been able to help me
get rid of it.  It's also universal in the air, even of a so-
called "clean" lab.  I automated all my equipment for measuring
amino acids in the K-T boundary rocks (they come from comet
impact), and found that when the machines were left to  run
overnight without me all went well, but if I was present  then
so was contamination.  It was easy to  eliminate finger-prints
and things like that, but I was still finding contami nation
by non-protein amino acids.  These turned out to come from
the microscopic fungi growing on the flakes of dandruff.
Only by leaving everything to work without me  could I get  good
results.  I seem to be bad news for good science!
David

--
bk090@Freenet Carleton.CA