Re: Theropod traps

>From: jdharris@csn.net (Jerry D. Harris)
 >
 > >A herd to herbivores I can accept, but such large aggrigations of
 > >carnivores?
 >
 >    I've personally never liked the "herding" theropod theory, although
 > I admit it _is_ a possibility (just because modern mammals don't do it
 > doesn't mean dinosaurs didn't!  Birds do, after all...).  For the
 > Cleveland-Lloyd Quarry, at any rate, the general explanation is that is was
 > some kind of predator trap, a la the La Brea tar pits.

I thought i remembered something like this - I just wasn't sure.

Note, Coelophysis is a much smaller animal than Allosaurus - more
like wolf sized - and would be more able to sustain itself in herds,
just as wolves do today.

I, too, doubt something as large as Allosaurus could manage more than
family groups.

The peace of God be with you.