re:Isle of Wight

> Last weekend, on a trip to the Isle of Wight (England), I was
> fortunate enough to see the excavated remains of a sauropod,

I remember this when it was still being excavated from half-way up a
cliff made almost entirely of clay.  One of the party nearly
disappeared from sight at the lower reaches of the cliff due to the
clays being heavily water logged.  Very dangerous cliff section.  I
would like to see it now that it has been removed.

>.... identified as the remains of a small (40 feet long)
> brachiosaur.

Were they still about at this time?  I don't have my Dinosauria to
check on this.

Neil

-----Multi-Part-Message-Level-1-1-2869--

Neil Clark
Curator of Palaeontology
Hunterian Museum
University of Glasgow
GLASGOW
G12 8QQ
Scotland/UK
email: NCLARK@museum.gla.ac.uk

'Man must surely have become an immensely worse animal
than his teeth show him to have been designed for'
Hugh Miller (Cruise of the Betsey - 1858)