Tilted world & more genetics

James Shields wrote;
>Is it possible that the Earth's tilt has varied in the last few billion
years? My guess is that it is.<

Could something like this account for magnetic flip-flops?

And on another subject entirely, and I'm not sure if  I've asked this before
so bear with this aging brain of mine:

Could species numbers have dropped below the healthy genetic breeding point
at the K/T "event"? I mean if, and I feel there was, an extraterrestrial body
invovled, which caused planet wide enviornmental chaos there would have been
direct mass death. Wouldn't dwindling genetic bases account for the drawn-out
vanishing of the surviving dinosaurs?

Just a thought, with no data.

Roger A. Stephenson  lightwaves@aol.com