apology

I owe John Bauer an apology.  I am new to the net, and have not
yet learned my way around.  I still rely on hand-written notes
to myself i nstead of doing everything electronically.  I
managed to associate h is name with the wrong piece o f
indormation.  Sorry John!
My best teacher was Edwin S. Goodrich, who came out of retirement
during the second world war to teach a course on Structure
and Development of Vertebrates at Oxford.  I was only 15 years
old when I took his  course, but I remember it vividly.  You
may know h is book of the same title which has been reissued
by Dover Press.  I think it dates from th e 1920s.
Thgis all betrays my age as an old cudmudgeon, but a neophyte
when it comes to the net.  I earn my living as a naturalist,
stick to old-fashioned views on Linnean/Darwinian phylogeny,
and rely far too much on memory for this kind of amusement,
instead of checking references as I do for scientific publications.
In addition,I can't type for toffee.
David

--
bk090@Freenet Carleton.CA