Re: BOB THE SPLITTER, QUETZALCOATS..

At 10:02 AM 6/22/95 -0400, D.W.Naish wrote:

>In the same paper, Bakker mentions three Stegosaurus species alien to me:
>_sulcatus_, _armatus_ and _duplex_.

   If I understand what I've read on the dino list correctly, and am reading
_The Dinosauria_ correctly, Stegosaurus sulcatus, Stegosaurus duplex and
Steogosaurus ungulatus are all junior synonyms of Stegosarus armatus.

>A while ago he wanted S. ?stenops to be a
>separate genus, _Diracodon_ (or was it _S._ laticeps_?).

   Diracodon laticeps is listed as a junior synonym of Stegosaurus stenops.

** "A warp core breach is imminent?     ** "Those who trade a little freedom **
** This calls for the handyman's secret ** for a little security will soon   **
** weapon, duct tape." --- Red Green,   ** find that they have none of       **
** Chief Engineer, U.S.S. Voyager       ** either." --- Jeff Poling          **